Katie Lee is the queen of easy breezy entertaining and totally our girl crush. Her quinoa tabbouleh is a make ahead salad that we will be making tubs of and keeping in the fridge to have on hand for picnics, dinners al fresco, and for whenever we have an unexpected guest!
- 2 cups quinoa, well rinsed
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch scallions, white parts only, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup minced mint
- ¼ cup minced fresh flat leaf parsley
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. salt
- ground pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, bring 4 cups of water and quinoa to a boil. Turn down heat, simmer until all of the water has been absorbed. Using a fork, fluff quinoa. Allow to sit and completely cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare all other ingredients. Add to a bowl, add in quinoa and mix. Add in the olive oil and lemon. Taste and add in salt and pepper as needed. Serve at room temperature.