The Greeks know how to party. So, we stole some of their flavors for this light summer crowdpleaser. It's colorful and totally make-aheadable, so get your Greek on. Opah!
- Make pasta according to the box’s instructions. Put aside.
- Chop all veggies: onion, peppers, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and shallots.
- In a medium-sized sauté pan, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil over medium-low heat. Sauté
onion until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add in the oregano and allow to cook, 2 more minutes. Add in the peppers, stirring occasionally to ensure they aren’t burning on the bottoms. Cook for 10 minutes, until all are soft and the majority of the water has disappeared. Take off heat and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the vinaigrette ingredients except the olive oil. Once combined, slowly add in the olive oil, as you whisk. Once the mixture has come together, taste and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, once everything has cooled, combine the pasta with all the veggies. Once you’re ready to serve it, add in the vinaigrette and store to evenly coat salad. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- When serving, top with high quality feta cheese.
** Salad can be made 2 days ahead of time without the vinaigrette. Once ready to serve, mix with vinaigrette and top with feta.
Enjoyed this article?
Subscribe to our RSS feed and never miss a recipe!