We love a pretty party platter. This one’s inspired by Mediterranean Mezzo Platters — roasting the veggies beforehand makes this more hearty and a little more delicious than a standard crudite. The yogurt sauces are cool and refreshing. Add on meats and cheeses to make even more decadent. The platter is your oyster, as they say! (Do they say that?)
- Platter Ingredients: (Add in seasonal veggies as desired)
- 2 sweet potatoes, thinly sliced with a mandolin
- 3 bell peppers, colors of your choice, sliced into strips
- 1 large bunch of asparagus
- 1 package of grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 bunch of brocolli, cut into florets
- 1 bunch of cauliflower, cut into florets
- ½ lb. carrots, peeled
- Yogurt Sauces:
- Roasted Red Pepper - Lemon Yogurt Dipping Sauce
- 1 large red pepper, roasted
- ½ cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 Tbsp. chopped chives
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup fat free Greek Yogurt
- ¼ cup finely chopped cucumbers
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped mint
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line multiple baking sheet pans with foil.
- Prepare all veggies as indicated in ingredient list.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add in the peppers, combine with 1 teaspoon olive oil, a pinch of salt, and mix together. Place on a baking sheet, allowing space for other veggies to share pan but putting them in a single layer so they cook evenly.
- In the same bowl, add in the asparagus and mix with olive oil and salt. Add to the other end of the baking sheet. Put into the oven and roast for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned.
- In the same bowl, add in the broccoli and cauliflower, mix with olive oil and salt. Place on another baking sheet.
- In the same bowl, add in the carrots, mix with olive oil and salt, and Place on same baking sheet as broccoli and cauliflower. Roast for 15-20 minutes until browned. If broccoli and cauliflower brown before the carrots look done, simply take them off the pan and put cares back in to finish.
- In the same bowl, add in the tomatoes and mix with olive oil and salt. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 10-15 minutes until bubbling and slightly browned. Do not over brown tomatoes.
- Once all other veggies are finished, clean out bowl, add in the sweet potato chips and mix with 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt. On clean baking sheets (we used two) covered in aluminum foil, place the chips, in a single layer.
- Decrease the temperature on the oven to 350°F. Bake the chips for 25 minutes, until they are lightly browned. After 10 minutes, turn pan in oven to allow chips to cook more evenly.
- Allow the veggies to cool and then cover and store until ready to serve. You can serve at room temperature or heat them up before hand.
- Make the roasted red pepper yogurt sauce: In a small food processor, combine the roasted red pepper, yogurt, and lemon juice. Pulse until the red pepper is diced into very small pieces. Place in bowl and season with salt. Chop the chives and add into the bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Make the tzatziki: In a bowl, combine yogurt and all other chopped ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Assemble the platter: On a large serving platter of your choice (we used a wooden block cutting board), place the veggies in a circle, around one or both of the sauces. Try to alternate colors.
- Serve with Naan or other rustic breads and crackers. Combine with cheeses and meats if you want to make the spread even more hearty.