I love stocking the freezer with homemade, easy to grab and go summer snacks and treats. These green and pink smoothie popsicles aren’t just delightful on the eyes and instagrammable good, they are delicious and packed with energizing fresh veggies and fruits. They are also dairy free, gluten free, and and easily adaptable for picky eaters. Perfect for a summer afternoon pick me up or healthy dessert for the kids. Don’t have time to freeze the pops? Just make a smoothie following the same recipe!
- Pink Strawberry Smoothie Layer:
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 2 heaping Tbsp. Vanilla Coconut Milk Yogurt
- 4 ice cubes
- 3/4 cup coconut water
- Green Goodness Smoothie Layer:
- 1 cup packed fresh kale or spinach
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 Tbsp. almond butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Vanilla Coconut Milk Yogurt
- 1 banana
- 1 apple, peeled and cored
- 1 cup almond milk
- Special Equipment: Popsicle Molds
- In a blender make the Strawberry Coconut Smoothie layer. Put together all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Fill 1/4 of your popsicle molds with the pink smoothie.
- Clean blender and add in all of the Green Goodness smoothie ingredients, starting with he leafy greens first. This will help them blend more easily. Blend until smooth. Taste and add more almond milk if needed.
- Fill the remaining popsicle mold with this smoothie. I like to do more green than pink in each pop.
- Freeze for 4 hours or over night. These can be made and kept in the freezer for 2 weeks.